- Ultra High Purity Tied Diaphragm
- Springless Pressure Reducing Regulator
DRA500 series from Drastar is a single stage low pressure reducing regulator for high purity applications. It features a tied-diaphragm design as well as being springless in design and offering VCR connections.
Product highlights include:
- High flow: Cv = 0.5 at ¼” and Cv=0.5 at ½”. Inboard Leak Rate to <1 x 10-9 atm cc/sec Helium available. Optional Cv = 1.0 for higher flow applications.
- Made of 316L or VAR (double melt) stainless steel body with electropolishing, ideally suited to corrosive gases.
- Diaphragms available in either stainless steel 316L or Hastelloy.
- Spring-less type: “wave spring” (DRASTAR patent #10-1191514) used instead of a conventional spring to prevent particle which may be generated by the spring itself from long-time use fatigue, ideal for applications where ultra-high purity and cleaning is needed.
- Metal to metal diaphragm to body sealing for high leak integrity.
- Surface Treatment: E.P. up to 10Ra or 5Ra microinch(0.25 or 0.13 micrometer) to prevent particle generation.
- As tied-diaphragm type, DRA500 series offers supreme safety by preventing leaks notwithstanding any particle generation on the valve seat and protecting the rupture of diaphragm from toxic, pyrophoric, or corrosive gases.
- Inlet pressures are 3600psig(250bar), 2200psig(151bar) or 600psig(42bar)
- Outlet pressures from 5psig (0.3bar) up to 150psig (10.3bar).
- Design proof pressure: 150% of maximum rated
- All works of welding, assembly, test, and cleaning are done in 100-class&10-class clean room.
- Decaying Inlet Characteristic: 1.2 psig /100 psig.
- Various gauge port options including ¼” H.P.I.C, ¼” male or female swivel
- Various inlet and outlet port options including ¼” H.P.I.C, ¼” male or female swivel and tube stubs
Drastar’s patented “push and lock type handle” allows easy and stable operation of the low pressure, high flow pressure reducing regulator. “Locking” the pressure is easily done by pushing down the handle and this will prevent any slight change of the pre-set pressure value, typically from vibration on the gas line or ambient changes. Unlocking by pulling back the handle allows the user to make adjustments to the pressure set point.
Drastar’s regulators are oil-free, with all pressure regulators being assembled, cleaned, inspected, and packed in clean-rooms equipped with clean bench, helium detector, particle counter, ultrasonic cleaner, ultrapure water system, vacuum packaging machine.